Pioneer City County Museum is housed in the historic Ragland House. Judge R. A. Ragland built this Georgian style home in 1904 for his wife Luella and their children. This mansion served as the home of the Ragland, Whittaker, and Patterson families. A.O. Patterson and Melvin McCoy operated Patterson-McCoy funeral home and expanded the original home to include a chapel. In 1976 the Ragland House became the third building and second former funeral home to hold Pioneer City County Museum's collection. The property was once again expanded in 1976 with the addition of a barn when it became the final resting place for PCCM.